Print Envelopes From Address Book 17

Tip

Print Envelopes From Address Book

This little tip that I will show you today is rather cool. If any one has used Word it is a little difficult to print a envelope. Although there are preset settings, you have to do a lot of manual work. But if you have all of your addresses in Address Book, making a printing envelopes has suddenly become a lot easier. Thanks to a setting hidden away in the print dialog box.

If you open up Address Book from Applications you have your default view of contacts. To create an envelope select the contacts you want to send to. Most of the process is automatic. As a side note it will only generate envelopes that have addresses, but you can select them anyway. The next step is to go File > Print. Click on the down arrow by you printer to access the extra settings.

From here you can proceed to change the envelope under layout, what is included under the label section and the orientation under Orientation. There are a couple of points which I would like to bring up. You can add you own image to the envelope. This is very cool if you have a company logo and want to place this on the envelope. As well as this the font section at the bottom of Label is very important is you have a massive envelope. This includes the font size which you can use to make your text larger or smaller.

A very useful option which you can use to quickly make envelopes which from my experience is a lot quicker than using Word. You can also access to other features including mailing labels and a Pocket Address book.

17 Responses to “Print Envelopes From Address Book”

Thank you so much! this really helps :)

Comment By M. BAYRAL on July 14th, at 11:16 am

Not so helpful. I have legal sized envelopes and a tiny canon printer. I just want to change the orientation of the envelopes – no go.

I do NOT find Address Book an easy fit for envelopes at all!!!!

Comment By frustrated on December 16th, at 6:47 pm

You can change the orientation of the envelope by choosing Orientation just below Style Envelopes

Comment By W Berg on January 11th, at 7:53 pm

How can I make the fonts different sizes in the to and from parts, I usually print who it’s addressed to about 18pt and my address at about 12pt.

Comment By George on January 29th, at 2:35 am

As an old guy who knows little about computers, find it difficult to follow instructions.
    Was unable to print envelope from address book.

Comment By Hobbit on March 23rd, at 10:37 pm

I can set everything up just fine to print envelopes but when I click the print button, nothing happens. Help!

Comment By Lorna on September 9th, at 11:05 pm

Great instructional. Thank You!

Comment By midas360 on December 13th, at 10:25 pm

Thank you very much for your tip.

I have just graduated from the messy windows to MAC. This feature is absoultely stunning.

How can u add other fields like Tel No and Email into the address printing on the envelope.

Regards

Vipul Patel.

Comment By Vipul Patel on December 30th, at 3:35 pm

Great but why can’t I make all my selections, then save them as a preset? I try to, but next time I come back everything’s reset to the default setting. it’s going to be a real drag if I have to reset everything every single time I want to print an envelope.

Comment By Missy on September 24th, at 1:42 am

PERFECT!!!!! I was even able to add my business logo to the return address!!! perfect! you saved me hours today1!!!!!!!!!

Comment By Sarah on January 10th, at 3:43 pm

Useful tips. It’s worth checking your printers specification before trying to print envelopes. Many lower end desktop printers will struggle, with anything but the most common envelope size. If this is the case then printing addresses onto adhesive A4 sheets may be the better option. This can be achieved in a similar fashion by editing the “File > Print. Click on the down arrow by you printer to access the extra settings.”

Comment By Short Run Books on February 22nd, at 4:37 pm

Nice tips!

However, once I have chosen an image it seems impossible to get rid of it.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment By Joel on March 11th, at 11:24 am

1. How can I add country names to the ‘to’ and ‘from’ addresses?

2. How can I change the content of the ‘from’ address – initials, full name, nickname, individual vs. spouse name, depending upon the nature of the contents of the letter?

3. Envelops come in many sizes, depending on the contents, and none are labeled by size or number. Is measuring envelope size required for each printing operation?

I should say that I use Address Book addressing function for sending individual letters from a home location, not for mass mailings, as seems to be the assumption.

Any suggestion will be gratefully appreciated!

Comment By Jery Kilker on June 19th, at 1:46 pm

You’re a genius. Dead on. Saved me TONS of messing around.

Comment By Mark Andrew on November 14th, at 8:28 pm

Thanks so much!! Very, very, helpful!

Comment By Wendy on December 8th, at 2:01 pm

Comment By Rhonda Gruenewald on December 8th, at 11:43 pm

Awesome tip!! Worked wonderfully well. Getting the correct envelope size took a little time, but otherwise, THANK YOU!!!!! Much better than Avery or Microsoft Word.

Comment By Bob on December 19th, at 2:44 pm