While searching the web I have come across a cool little site by Mac Life, of 30 application you have not heard off. It was a good list so I have decided to share it with you. Some of the applications on the list are very interesting which I have never heard of but will be checking out in the coming weeks.
The list if you don’t want to visit the site is:
- Scrivener* – I have written my review of this application here.
- Desktop Curtain*
- Inquisitor* – You can see me little review of it here.
- A Better Finder Rename
- Text Expander
- VLC* (who hasn’t heard of VLC?)
- Doug’s Scripts* – I don’t really think this is an application, more of a website.
- Newsfire* – I have written about this in my RSS post.
- Adium* – The best IM client ever.
- Twitterific* – I currently use this to send my Tweets to Twitter.
- Call Recorder For Skype
- Mail Tags
- Mail Attachements Iconizer
- TextMate* – This site was practically built on TextEdit, that an CSSEdit.
- Geektool* – Mentioned in the Menu Bar post I did recently. Although this tool never works for me.
I have heard quite a lot of these, noted by the star (*). For a new user to the Mac a lot of these applications would be useful. I’m not hundred percent sure 25 and 26 are that useful. I could think of a couple of other applications that could take its place. Also I think 18, isn’t really an application more of a website. I have listed a couple of these on my Top 100 Essential Mac Applications. Anyway a fun little list. Who doesn’t like lists.